By James H. Willbanks
This publication positive aspects the tales of two hundred heroic participants provided the Medal of Honor for his or her exotic army provider whereas struggling with for his or her nation, from the Civil warfare to the conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan.
• presents two hundred biographical essays of Medal of Honor recipients and 10 sidebars with additional info concerning the Medal of Honor and its recipients
• includes contributions from greater than 50 unique students and historians
• features a entire alphabetical directory of people who've bought the nation's optimum army award for valor
• an intensive bibliography offers extra resources
• subject finders make it effortless to spot entries from a selected conflict, domestic kingdom, or department of service
Read Online or Download America's Heroes: Medal of Honor Recipients from the Civil War to Afghanistan PDF
Similar historical reference books
What occurred after Africa's largest state cut up in ? whilst South Sudan ran up its flag in July 2011, new international locations got here into being. In South Sudan a former insurgent circulate faces immense demanding situations in development a brand new state. At independence it was once one of many least built areas on the earth, after many years of clash and forget.
Mohammad Mosaddeq is largely considered as the major champion of secular democracy and resistance to overseas domination in Iran's sleek heritage. Mosaddeq turned top minister of Iran in may well 1951 and speedily nationalized its British-controlled oil undefined, starting up a sour disagreement among Iraq and Britain that more and more undermined Mossaddeq's place.
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2013 im Fachbereich Geschichte - Weltgeschichte - Allgemeines / Vergleiche, be aware: 1,3, Georg-August-Universität Göttingen (Seminar für Mittlere und Neuere Geschichte), Veranstaltung: Vertiefungsseminar: Ost und West in Reiseberichten der Aufklärung, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Asien und Europa, Orient und Okzident – vermeintliche Gegensätze, die den europäischen Blick auf die restliche Welt bis heute prägen.
Victory at the battlefield is usually completed opposed to the percentages – victory snatched from the jaws of it sounds as if inevitable defeat. A bold counter assault, an unforeseen manoeuvre, a obdurate refusal to be crushed and the most unlikely victory is gained. within the ten dramatic episodes during this e-book, army historian Bryan Perrett revisits battles from the Peninsula conflict of 1811 to Vietnam in 1967, through colonial motion in international wars.
- Kreative Schreibaufträge im Geschichtsunterricht: Mit einem Beispiel aus der eigenen Unterrichtspraxis (German Edition)
- Pearl Harbor: The Essential Reference Guide: The Essential Reference Guide
- La vida y la muerte en los tiempos de la revolución (Spanish Edition)
- Facing Racial Revolution: Eyewitness Accounts of the Haitian Insurrection
Additional info for America's Heroes: Medal of Honor Recipients from the Civil War to Afghanistan