By Saul Smilansky
- Explores what those paradoxes can train us approximately morality and the human condition
- Considers a huge diversity of matters, from conventional themes to hardly ever posed questions, between them "Fortunate Misfortune", "Beneficial Retirement" and "Preferring to not were Born"
- Asks even if the life of ethical paradox is an efficient or a nasty thing
- Presents analytic ethical philosophy in a provocative, enticing and wonderful means; posing new questions, providing attainable strategies, and not easy the reader to combat with the paradoxes themselves
Read Online or Download 10 Moral Paradoxes PDF
Best ethics & morality books
The good medieval thinker Thomas Aquinas (1224/6-1274) was once Dominican regent grasp in theology on the college of Paris, the place he presided over a sequence of questions - educational debates - on moral issues. This quantity, first released in 2005, deals translations of disputed questions about the character of virtues usually, the basic or 'cardinal' virtues of functional knowledge, justice, braveness, and temperateness, the divinely bestowed virtues of desire and charity, and the sensible query of the way, whilst and why one may still rebuke a 'brother' for wrongdoing.
Surveying the ancient improvement and the current of utilitarian ethics, Geoffrey Scarre examines the main philosophers from Lao Tzu within the 5th century BC to Richard Hare within the 20th. Utilitarianism lines the 'doctrine of application' from the moralists of the traditional global, during the Enlightenment and Victorian utilitarianism as much as the vigorous debate of the current day.
Ethics and Anthropology comprehensively embraces concerns and dilemmas confronted in all 4 of the discipline's fields. now not only a topic to be thought of while looking the approval of institutional evaluate forums, ethics is anthropology. Fluehr-Lobban explores the serious software of center moral principles—do no damage, observe proficient consent in all phases of study, perform transparency, collaborate—from the preliminary levels of crafting a suggestion and executing learn via writing and ebook of findings.
To appreciate each other as contributors and to satisfy the ethical tasks that require such realizing, we needs to converse with one another. We also needs to preserve secure channels that render trustworthy communique attainable, a requirement that, Seana Shiffrin argues, yields a prohibition opposed to mendacity and calls for defense at no cost speech.
- The Ethics and Politics of Environmental Cost-Benefit Analysis (Routledge Explorations in Environmental Economics)
- Cultural Roots of Sustainable Management: Practical Wisdom and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR, Sustainability, Ethics & Governance)
- Kierkegaard After MacIntyre: Essays on Freedom, Narrative, and Virtue
- Confrontations with the Reaper: A Philosophical Study of the Nature and Value of Death
- Individualistische Wirtschaftsethik (IWE): Anwendung der individualistischen Ethik auf das Gebiet der Wirtschaft (German Edition)
- Milton Friedmans Freiheitsverständnis: Systematische Rekonstruktion und wirtschaftsethische Diskussion (Perspektiven der Ethik) (German Edition)
Additional resources for 10 Moral Paradoxes